Saturday, December 8, 2007

Special Day

On this day, 2 years ago, we received the news that Pipo was very sick, and the doctors in Haiti didn't know if he would make it the 2 more months or so it would take to get his passport. After making phone calls to every public official I thought could help us, I did the only other thing I could. I prayed. I drove over to our old church, where I knew the morning Mass was a little later, and where the priest is an old friend. On the way there, I had been saying the Hail Mary over and over, as I thought if anyone would know what I was going through it would be Mary. I slipped into the back of the church unnoticed by the priest and sat down silently. I was overwhelmed when he announced that it was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I had not been paying attention to the calendar, and here it was a day for Mary. I was overwhelmed a second time, and brought to tears when the priest began his sermon, and spoke of adoption... how we are all God's adopted children, how Mary never hesitated at God's word, and Joseph quietly became Jesus' adoptive father. This priest knew our situation, but had not seen me in the church. God was truly speaking through him to me. The real tears came the next day though when I received an email saying that Pipo had a passport and would be on a plane to America very soon.

So today, as I take Charlie to church for his First Penance, I will say thanks once more to Mary, who heard my cries as a mother and listened... as a mother herself.

7 comments:

Third Mom said...

Congratulations to Charlie on First Penance, and continued blessings to you all!

Kathy Cassel said...

Yay God! Hoping your little one will be home any day now.

I LOVE the picture of your kids spelling out "peace on earth." That is just so cool!

Life in Fitzville said...

Oh no Kathy... this happened 2 years ago... Pipo arrived just a week later. No other little one where expecting here! (Unless God has other plans... never know what He's thinking!)

Kathy Cassel said...

You never know. I would have said that Jasmine was for sure the last but....

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Thanks for sharing this story again, Denise. I just love it and I love the powerful intercession our Blessed Mother provides for us.

God Bless all of you today!
Jane

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing this.

coffeemom said...

Lovely!!! Congrats on first penance and I love this. Of course it worked out, Our Blessed MOther is wonderful that way! What a special day and memory! Thanks for the comment on my post too and SO glad you did so I could fly over here and read this! M