Thursday, July 19, 2007

Update


After writing that post Tuesday night, I crashed hard. As soon as the kids were in bed, I was in bed too. I knew the next day was Wednesday, knew we might have a crowd coming over for dinner, but I was so tired, and figured whatever needed to be done could wait until the next day. The next morning I woke first and stumbled out to the kitchen to get a start on the day. I was groggy and tired with my mind set on making 7 lunches for the day. But I walked into a sparkling clean kitchen, leading into a sparkling clean family room. I was so completely shocked. Fitz had stayed up late, cleaned everything up, scrubbed the kitchen, and even scrubbed the floors. I walked back into the bedroom with my jaw hanging, wanting to thank him, and he just said "I knew how tired you were, and I knew you would be stressed with people coming over tonight.

This, in a nutshell, is how it works... working mom or stay at home mom. It's having that partner who knows you inside and out... knows when you need that extra boost, and knows what will make you the happiest person alive. (And I've done the whole single mom thing as well... so I totally appreciate this.) For the almost 11 years we have been married, I am constantly amazed at our partnership. Amazed at how we finish eachothers sentences, finish eachothers thoughts, complete eachothers lives. If there is anything, any day that I am lacking, Fitz will be there to fill in. I am so incredibly thankful to be living with my best friend, who will pick up my slack, count on me to do the same, and appreciate each and every day of this crazy life we have built together.

So working mom/stay at home mom.... having that partner who's "got your back" is key to not losing your sanity. I can't imagine a better teamate than Fitz. He is everything I am not, and then some.

2 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Agree 100%!!! I was a working-mom (teaching full time until I went on maternity leave with my third and haven't been back since) and it was hard then. I know how hard it is to get everything done even when there are two of us here sharing the load, and my heart aches for the single parents out there who are doing it day in and day out all by themselves. God Bless them.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Thanks be to God! What a blessing God has given you.