Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weight?


I took a walk with Emma today, still on her crutches. We had a funny conversation. The doctor in the ER told me in front of her that there should be "no weight bearing at all, until the stitches come out". Fitz and I have reminded her not to put any weight on it, and I thought we had explained what that meant. She has been incredibly good about using her crutches (the girl can fly!) and hopping when she is not using them.

I reminded her that tomorrow we go to the doctor to get it checked, and hopefully get the stitches out and get rid of the crutches. She said "I hope I haven't put any weight on this foot." I reminded her how good she has been, and asked why she was worried. She very seriously replied, "Well, this foot hasn't gotten any exercise, so it might have gotten a little fat... I don't know."

1 comment:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

That is hysterical. I hope I haven't put any weight on my feet (or anywhere else) this summer either!

Jane